What does it take to earn a little extra income? Stories about successful easy side business are plentiful, but why aren’t you seeing that success? Maybe you’re that guy browsing Reddit foolishly clicking those case studies? Or, do you find yourself waking up in the middle of the night with your best and newest fool-proof idea? If so, you’re a Grade-A entrepreneur and you think outside the box. This article will show you exactly how to start using your gift as an entrepreneur and start earning $400 extra every month.
Easy Side Business. Getting there.
So, how do you get there? We live in an entrepreneurial age where it seems like there’s a new millionaire every day, but why don’t those millions make their way to your bank account? How do you go from browsing Reddit and Imgur to hacking your way to a little extra money/month? How does one overcome and succeed.. finally!?
There are a million + 1 ideas out there! You know what, the best ideas have already been thought of. There’s 7 billion people out there, and a huge pool of those people are thinking, breathing human beings, looking to succeed and make their way through life better and richer than their parents did. That’s why, ideas aren’t a problem. You ask any Venture Capitalist. They’ll tell you that the Character, drive and self-belief behind a founder is what makes a good startup. So, why are there only a few people out there making a measly $400 extra every month online? And more importantly how are you going to get there?
Your ideas aren’t the hangup.
Is there a shortage of ideas? Nope! There’s a shortage of 1 thing. Self-belief.
You know I’m right, don’t you? You know those Reddit-browsing sessions you indulge in? Or, that “Shark Tank” binge watching? As an entrepreneur, you have a huge penchant for ideas! You’re a thinking machine dude! Ideas aren’t your problem, it’s the doing it that cuts you short. More importantly, it’s the lack of belief that you, yes you, can do it!
Getting you started.
You can begin making $400/monthly right now. It’s as easy as choosing a viable idea. Here’s a few proven ideas that you can use to jumpstart your own business. Mix, match, remake. Choose one you know you can do, don’t get in over your head. Then do it. Just do it.
– Visit Garage sales and pick up big ticket items for cheaper, then sell on Craigslist for 2-3x.
– Buy Clearance at Wal-mart and sell on Ebay for 2-3x
– Washing/detailing cars. Make $100-200 on a Saturday morning
– Mow lawns (decent money)
– Pool cleaning business (surprisingly good money!)
– Buy a 3D printer, sign up for www.3dhubs.com – Average model brings $40-50. Some up to $1000 – The printer works while you sleep, costs about $2000 upfront.
– Uber, Lyft, Postmates
– Blog (consistently) about a topic you’re familiar with and install Google Adsense to make the $ – Use Tumblr.com to get started quick.
– Sell something homemade at a local street fair/farmer’s market (herb-infused olive oils, homemade beef jerky, scented candles)
– Create educational Youtube videos just being yourself – You’ll earn about $1/1000 views.
– Vending machines / arcade & pinball – $50-100/month per machine in a decent location.
– Create a niche review site – about 50-100 hours of initial writing. Create at least 100 good quality articles relating to the niche. Then, link to Amazon affiliate products in your articles. Become an affiliate here: affiliate-program.amazon.com Use Tumblr.com for quick setup!
– Write a guide on a subject you know and sell it on www.leanpub.com
– If you have a truck, set up a Craigslist Junk-hauling business. Target condos or high-density areas. Some people make over $300/weekend doing this
– If you already have a dog, start a dog-walking business. www.rover.com
– Start a forum in a niche, use Adsense to monetize.
– Create a lead capture business for local businesses.
– Learn how to fix common phone/tablet problems and advertise using your Facebook friends or Craigslist.
– Visit https://www.reddit.com/r/workonline or www.reddit.com/r/beermoney for more ideas.
– Visit smartpassiveincome.com for actionable steps on how to set up online businesses.
You’ll find that starting is the easiest part, it’s the continuing that’s tough. When you don’t see any income the first month, it’s easy to give up real quick. Picture your $400 idea as a mountain trail, ever heard of the Appalachian trial? You’re taking 1 step after another. All it takes to start is one step, then, it takes continuing. Don’t think about how much time you have left, just enjoy the scenery. Look at that fallen log, vault that bad boy like an Olympian! Oh look, a black bear. MACE THAT SHIZ!
Tracking your Progress.
So, you’re ready to go, you’ve chosen your idea, you’ve done some research and think it’s viable, you feel good about it and you’ve even taken your first step! What next? Remember to keep track of progress. When you’re on a mountain hike, you’ll notice those mile markers, they’re placed there for a reason. You need to create those for yourself as you keep putting one foot in front of the other. When you see your first mile marker, you’ll be excited, but when you see the next couple your enthusiasm will only increase.
Eventually you’ll want to see a mile-marker sign with some cash attached to it, but don’t worry if you don’t see that immediately. Remember that you probably won’t go viral on your first try, but you can keep at it and make some money eventually.
You’ll find yourself enjoying life more. You’ll be more and more excited about your other ideas. Once you see just a little progress it has a way of working it’s way into other areas of your life too. Let the confidence flow and who knows where it will end up. Sky’s the limit kid. I promise you, if you choose an idea that’s proven and keep at it, you have a good chance of succeeding. Taking those consistent weekly steps will take you somewhere, even if that somewhere is just a valuable lesson without the accompanying cash.
If you’ve taken the steps I’ve outlined about, you’ve gone from having a million ideas to knowing that you need to choose just one, or at most a few. You learned that you need to bring your effort into a laser like focus, pew pew! You’re now a getting-things-done machine! Next, you learned that it’s wisest to choose an idea that’s already been done, or more importantly an “idea process” that’s already proven. Maybe you don’t want to haul junk using Craigslist, but you can gather that Craigslist + Your Idea could equal some cash. At least that’s the hope. You learned that creating some income from another source takes commitment. You now know that those who can’t commit needn’t apply. And last, and most importantly, you learned that YOU can do it.
Now get out there and hike your Appalachian trail you adventurer you. Enjoy every 2,168.1 miles. Watch out for the mile markers and always be encouraged. Creating an easy side business is within your grasp.